This is a process that leads to development and learning both in sports and personally. It is looking for the formula to advance mentally.
In Europe, along with soccer and basketball, tennis is positioned as one of the sports most followed. This may be due, for example, to the great male and female tennis players that we have had throughout the history of this sport, as well as the interest that this type of game itself may have.
Would you like to learn to play this sport? As in all learning, the sooner you start, the better, but don’t worry because you won’t be late, there is no age limit when learning to play tennis. You only need motivation, a racket and some balls and a teacher to give you some instructions so that you can learn and progress in this sport.
Of course, you can learn it self-taught, but that will not prevent you from falling into certain vices and there comes a time when you stagnate. After all, a tennis teacher must be able to adapt to the level and objectives of his students.
For this reason and to help you in your first steps, we tell you everything you need to know about how and where you can find a tennis teacher to start learning today.
What can a tennis instructor bring you?
- Tips. When it comes to getting started, all the advice they can give you will be welcome. Not only with regard to clothing, equipment or but also to the position or the way of holding the racket.
- Theoretical basis. Do you know the rules for playing tennis? The equipment you need? How does a tennis match take place? What are sets or match points ?
- Practice and technique. It can be interesting to know the names of the blows, but it will also be necessary to know how to execute them. Through the example of your teacher, you will be able to learn the technical movements that you need to play tennis. You will start with the most basic to gradually expand your baggage.
- Playmates. The teachers have different tennis students, so once you have a certain base, you can start playing matches, something that your teacher will facilitate by being able to get several students together so that you can get practice and travel.
- Motivation and patience. Many times we ourselves are the ones who do not have faith in what we can achieve. With the support of another person who is there when you need it, you will not give up in the face of any problem.
How to find a tennis teacher close to home?
Your first steps accompanied by a tennis teacher will help you lay the foundations.
If what you want is to find tennis classes in some type of school or club that is close to your home or, at least, in your city, the first thing we recommend is to search for this type of club on the internet. Many tend to have web pages and provide information on the services they offer at their facilities: individual classes, group classes, track rental, tournaments and competitions, workshops.
Believe it or not, in practically all cities there is a club (or several) dedicated to tennis classes, as there is a strong demand for this type of class among children and adults.
In addition to clubs, it may also be the case that you can find tennis classes on the bulletin boards in your neighborhood. It would not be the first time that someone offers tennis lessons on the bulletin board of the institute. You can contact him and ask him what kind of classes he offers. It is also not uncommon to find advertising brochures for this type of service in other establishments such as copy shops, stationers or bookstores. Come and take a look, you might be surprised.
Of course, you have the option of resorting to word of mouth. Surely you know someone who has a friend or acquaintance who gives tennis lessons. You will simply have to contact him to ask him about his conditions and start teaching as soon as possible… Doesn’t sound bad, right?
What other options are there to find a tennis teacher?
Internet or word of mouth are means that will help you find your ideal tennis teacher.
All the options mentioned may be very good, but it is true that you do not always find someone who teaches tennis like this so easily. For these cases, you have to widen the fence and resort to who knows everything: our beloved Internet. Internet is a treasure for everything and also to find tennis lessons.
Firstly, you will be able to resort to an initiation to tennis through the classes that you can find on YouTube, where you will obtain a theoretical base of everything that this sport implies. Once this is done, you can turn to books or monographs on tennis. It is worth knowing more about this sport. Likewise, we recommend that you watch games and observe how they play because you will be able to keep gestures, techniques and such that you can later put into practice.
Once you want to take the step to start giving classes in person, we recommend, in addition to all the options that we have discussed, to take a look at teachers who offer classes through their web pages that you can find on the internet. There, as with the clubs, you will be able to decide which of the training options offered may interest you the most and how much they could take you.
Likewise, you also have search pages for private lessons such as Mil Anuncios, Tus clases particulares or Superprof, specific trusted pages where you will find many profiles of qualified tennis teachers to teach you everything you want to learn about tennis.